Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Adventures In Watercolors

Here is a watercolor that I did a couple of years ago when I decided to try to learn watercolors. It was done from an instructional book. Working with watercolors is definitely more of a challenge than other mediums and I haven't worked as hard at it as would be necessary. The difficulty being a higher degree than most other mediums, I have been spending more time working on colored pencil works. I do so admire the medium that I should continue to pursue it. I am not very satisfied with my work so far, but they do require that I give up some control and learn to accept what comes sometimes. A good life lesson.





These 4 works were done in the last year or 2. They are all from the same instructional book.




This work was done from the book only with some additions of my own. I was fairly pleased with the water but not so much with the trees.

This last one was inspired by a photo from a calendar. It is kind of psychedelic. It didn't come out like the photo or what I had in mind, but is not too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment